Skip to main content

"We Never Totally Arrive" - May 15, 2021


Saturday Morning Friday Night Quickwrite

The quote, "...we never totally arrive", and my friend, Leigh Anne's, post made me think about my summer plans.

This school year, our Scholars were not given very many opportunities to write based on the hybrid model of learning and instruction we used in our district.

Because I know how important writing is to Scholars' academic success in all content areas, as well as for their personal expression, I desire to be a phenomenal writing teacher. 

In my heart, I really want to go bak to school to earn a degree specifically in writing/writing instruction. But, for a number of reasons, going back to school is not feasible right now.

So, what does a life-long learner do when she cannot get a formal education to fulfill her passion?

1. She does research to learn about other writing opportunities.

2. She follows other writing educators on Twitter.

3. She orders and reads ALL (okay, some of) the books.

4. She also writes. She is a teacher-writer.

My Personal Professional Summer PD plan is ready to be implemented. Teachers "never totally arrive", but the many do whatever it takes to get as close as possible.

Books to Be Read for My Summer Personal Professional PD

Comments

  1. And aren't the personal professional development paths the most powerful?! Write on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

Welcome to the next, big adventure in my writing journey. I have committed to writing a weekly blog post that is all things teaching and learning. I am not sure where this particular leg in the journey will take me, but I am hoping the along the way, others will benefit from my humble efforts. With that being said, sit back, relax, and let's enjoy this ride.

My Slice of Life Story Challenge Experience

June 11, 2019: The date I created a blog and wrote my first post that I submitted to my first Tuesday Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC). What is the Slice of Life Story Challenge? I am so glad you asked.  Every Tuesday writers (Slicers) write a blog post about something that has happened in their lives; then,  copy and paste their blog post links on the   Two Writing Teachers website. Slicers also read and comment on at least 3 other Slices. In March, during the month-long  challenge, Slicers who submit a Slice everyday are eligible for prizes. My first experience with the Month-Long SOLSC marathon was in March of last year. I wasn't sure I would be able to write a blog post every day, but I was determined. My concern increased half way through the challenge when  COVID required everyone to quarantine.  How would I be able to write a Slice about life when, in essence, life had come to a screeching halt? I am proud to say that  I persevered.  Life didn't stop. The changes th

A Community of Support - Building Confidence

    Two weeks ago, I wrote a short introduction to this blog, The Rogue Scholar, welcoming readers and inviting them to join me on the next leg of my writing journey. After I clicked "Publish", I shared it on every social media platform. I have committed to challenging myself to be vulnerable with my writing, and for me being vulnerable means putting it out there.     I was very proud of myself for finally getting it done. I had let fear stifle me for a bit, for a myriad of reasons. Primarily, I didn't and in some ways still don't feel adequate enough to write a blog. I was pleasantly surprised by the encouragement and support I received from those who read it. Their comments and feedback reminded me that I can do the "hard-to-me-things", because I surround ourselves with people who believe in me.       "Being Surrounded By A Community Of Writers Can Help Build Writing Confidence"     In a blog post, written for TeachWrite.org , I speak about the