Skip to main content

A Community of Support - Building Confidence

    Two weeks ago, I wrote a short introduction to this blog, The Rogue Scholar, welcoming readers and inviting them to join me on the next leg of my writing journey. After I clicked "Publish", I shared it on every social media platform. I have committed to challenging myself to be vulnerable with my writing, and for me being vulnerable means putting it out there.

    I was very proud of myself for finally getting it done. I had let fear stifle me for a bit, for a myriad of reasons. Primarily, I didn't and in some ways still don't feel adequate enough to write a blog. I was pleasantly surprised by the encouragement and support I received from those who read it. Their comments and feedback reminded me that I can do the "hard-to-me-things", because I surround ourselves with people who believe in me. 

    "Being Surrounded By A Community Of Writers Can Help Build Writing Confidence"

    In a blog post, written for TeachWrite.org, I speak about the writing group I write with weekly, as well as other writing opportunities that have contributed to the confidence I am building as a writer here.



    

    

Comments

  1. Yes, scary for me, too, but you ARE a writer and now you are a published writer too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

Welcome to the next, big adventure in my writing journey. I have committed to writing a weekly blog post that is all things teaching and learning. I am not sure where this particular leg in the journey will take me, but I am hoping the along the way, others will benefit from my humble efforts. With that being said, sit back, relax, and let's enjoy this ride.

"We Never Totally Arrive" - May 15, 2021

Saturday Morning Friday Night Quickwrite The quote, "...we never totally arrive", and my friend, Leigh Anne's, post made me think about my summer plans. This school year, our Scholars were not given very many opportunities to write based on the hybrid model of learning and instruction we used in our district. Because I know how important writing is to Scholars' academic success in all content areas, as well as for their personal expression, I desire to be a phenomenal writing teacher.  In my heart, I really want to go bak to school to earn a degree specifically in writing/writing instruction. But, for a number of reasons, going back to school is not feasible right now. So, what does a life-long learner do when she cannot get a formal education to fulfill her passion? 1. She does research to learn about other writing opportunities. 2. She follows other writing educators on Twitter. 3. She orders and reads ALL (okay, some of) the books. 4. She also writes. She is a tea...

Write Anyway

I finally made it to Teach Write's Wake Up and Write. It actually feels good to put pen to paper this morning with intention. I would consider most of my writing lately as anytime pages , or notebooking (not just though). I plan, or more like a goal, to write everyday. Some days, actually most days, I wait until the end of the day. By that time, I am so mentally exhausted and drained from the events of the day, so I have a hard time finding anything "meaningful" to write about.  (If you are a writer, you know the challenge and fears associated with our own notions of the quality of our writing.) But, I try to put something down even if it's only one sentence. Maybe that's the mark of a true writer. She struggles to come up with what she thinks are good/great ideas, but she writes something anyway. She never knows...the words and ideas that she considers random on her anytime pages may just be her next blog post. If you are struggling to write these days, I hope y...